Open day checklist
Open days are a great way to explore universities you're interested in, find out more about courses and get a flavour of what life's like on campus. Our handy checklist has suggestions on things you could ask about.
If you're considering studying at Anglia Ruskin, we'd love to see you at one of our undergraduate open days.
Things to investigate
- How easy is it to get to the town/city?
- What facilities will I use on this course?
- What careers do graduates from this course go on to?
- How is the course assessed (exams, presentations, coursework)?
- How many hours of teaching are involved each week?
- How is the course taught?
- Is the course accredited by a relevant professional body?
- What sort of help can I get with study skills?
- What makes this university special?
- Can I choose to spend a semester or a year abroad?
- Can the university help me with accommodation and how much is it?
- How easy is it to find somewhere to live?
- What sort of financial help is available if I run out of money?
- Am I entitled to a scholarship or any other financial or practical help?
- What's the food like on campus and how expensive is it?
- Is there a supermarket nearby?
- What do the course tutors/admissions officers look for in a personal statement for my course?
- What transport links are available around the university?
- What facilities does the Students' Union provide?
- What activities or clubs does the Students' Union provide?
- What social facilities do students use?