Writtle University College and ARU have merged. Writtle’s full range of college, degree, postgraduate and short courses will still be delivered on the Writtle campus. See our guide to finding Writtle information on this site.

Opportunities available at ARU - working on the Santander X Launch programme

Guest posts

Faculty: Science and Engineering
School: Psychology and Sport Science
Course: Psychology (Conversion) MSc

8 December 2023

Our teaching prepares you for the world of work, but whilst studying at ARU, we’ll support you to build key skills employers are looking for. We work with organisations to help provide you with even more opportunities to put what you’ve learnt in the classroom into practice. We’re currently working with Santander who offer free online courses, giveaways, and networking opportunities.

Recently ARU’s Dr. Meghana Nadendla had the opportunity to take part in the Santander X Launch programme. A virtual program to explore unique entrepreneurial skills and access to expertise with the aim to help students grow their own businesses and startups ideas. Hear from Dr. Nadendla about her experience through Santander.

"I was delighted to have been granted a full scholarship to participate in the prestigious Santander X Launch programme - a 12-week entrepreneurial course led by the world-renowned Babson College. This remarkable opportunity, generously provided by Santander and Babson College, represents a significant milestone in my career journey.

As a clinical pharmacy professional and psychology student, I am passionate about improving healthcare accessibility and affordability, particularly for underserved communities. The Santander X Launch program offers a unique platform for me to expand my entrepreneurial skills and knowledge and pursue my aspiration of developing sustainable and innovative healthcare solutions for the LGBTQI+ communities and their allies.

Through my ground-breaking MedTech application, PRIDalLY, I aim to address the five critical health aspects - physical, mental, social, sexual, and reproductive - that are often overlooked in healthcare services for the LGBTQI+ community and their allies. By providing comprehensive and inclusive healthcare solutions from the comfort of their own homes, I hope to empower individuals to take control of their health and well-being.

I am humbled and honoured to have the opportunity to present PRIDalLY to the program and refine its potential to enhance healthcare access and promote inclusivity for the LGBTQI+ community. With the support and guidance of the Santander X Launch program, I am confident that I can turn my vision into reality.

Babson College is renowned for its excellence in entrepreneurship education, providing a world-class platform for entrepreneurs to collaborate and innovate. As a participant of this program, I am excited to learn from their esteemed faculty and engage with like-minded individuals from diverse backgrounds.

I express my sincerest gratitude to Santander for their sponsorship and support in enabling me to pursue my entrepreneurial aspirations. Their commitment to fostering innovation and entrepreneurship is truly inspiring, and I am grateful for the opportunity to contribute to this endeavour.

I believe that this program will equip me with the skills and knowledge required to make a meaningful impact in the lives of the LGBTQI+ community and beyond. Once again, I extend my heartfelt thanks to Santander, Babson College, for providing me with this remarkable opportunity. I am eager to embark on this journey and am excited to see where it takes me."

Dr. Meghana Nadendla
Achieved a 1st - Masters in Psychology (Conversion) student

Disclaimer

The views expressed here are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the views of Anglia Ruskin University. If you've got any concerns please contact us.