Research and Innovation Development Office
Category: Research news
23 February 2016
This event will focus on research impact, an area that has received increasing attention by governments, funding agencies and university researchers but, at the same time, is leaving researchers (especially early career) with questions and challenges.
The purpose of the conference is to bring together national and international researchers from a range of disciplines, who are interested in reflecting on and expanding their own research impact.
During the conference, they will provide information, facilitate dialogue and offer practical workshops on areas that will enable individuals to achieve impact from their research within and outside of academia. Topics will include:
- public engagement
- writing for the REF
- IP commercialisation and impact
- industry engagement and impact
- various theories of impact.
- Julie Bayley - Senior Researcher and Impact Officer, Coventry University
- Vanessa Pittard - Head of Maths Education, Department for Education
- Eleanora Belfiore - Reader in Cultural Policy and Director of Impact, Warwick University
- Paul Manners - Director of the new National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE)
- Wilfred Mijnhardt - Policy Director RSM at the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Rotterdam
- Professor Carl Perrin - Director, Institute for Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering; Executive Director - Centre for Manufacturing & Materials Engineering
For more information and to book your place visit http://www.coventry.ac.uk/research/research-directories/research-events/2016/research-impact-challenges-issues-and-priorities-conference/.