Download and share our infographic - ARU in numbers (pdf)
Today, ARU is an innovative global university. 36,000 students from 177 countries gain qualifications with us in four continents. Each year, we also help some 2,000 businesses to grow quicker and partner with organisations to deliver a spectrum of educational and commercial projects.
Why choose ARU? There are many reasons. We’re academically ambitious for ourselves and our students. We’re purposeful, challenging and curious about our world. We’re a place where collaboration, research and scholarly activity informs everything we do. While our head is full of ambition, our feet are planted in the world around us. We pride ourselves on being as enterprising as we are innovative and nurture those qualities in our students. That, and our sheer can-do attitude, set us apart. We find that enthusiasm is infectious, letting the results speak for themselves.
An Anglia Ruskin graduate has a nine out of ten chance of getting a job, a better chance than most other graduates of securing a permanent job, and is likely to beat the average graduate salary – all within six months of leaving us.*
- 9 out of 10 of our graduates start their career or further study within the first six months.
- 3 out of 4 of our students secure professional jobs, outperforming most other graduates.
- Anglia Ruskin students tend to earn more than other graduates.
For the second successive year, our courses are rated among the most intellectually stimulating in the country, our lecturers among the most enthusiastic and interesting, and our students among the most confident.**
- 22 of our courses scored 100% on overall student satisfaction rate.
- We were named the UK Entrepreneurial University of the Year at the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards 2014.
- Students, businesses and partners benefit from our outstanding facilities; we’ve invested £122 million in our campuses over the last five years.
- Many of our courses are recognised by industry. A large number are professionally accredited.
- Businesses come back to us for interns, training, research and collaborative programmes.
- Our academic excellence has been recognised by the UK’s Higher Education funding bodies, with 12 areas classed as generating world-leading research. We deliver impactful research which tackles pressing issues and makes a difference to all our lives, from saving lives to conserving water.***
- We’re a lead partner in visionary initiatives, including the Anglia Ruskin MedTech Campus, which will be one of the world’s largest health innovation spaces.
- Our facilities, activities and events are open to the wider community.
*Graduates working or in further study (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Institutions, 2013/14).
**National Student Survey 2015.
*** Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
Read more about our history, future plans, leadership, partner colleges, and policies and procedures.