Our Sport Scholarship programme is designed to support talented athletes during their time at ARU.
We have a very simple goal, which is that elite athletes who come to Anglia Ruskin University improve by the time they've graduated. We recognise that you need a range of support to keep developing and improving, so the services we can offer include:
- free sports club membership, which features:
- transport and competition entry costs for a range of competitions including BUCS, various competitions such as British Championships and London Championships and European University Games
- a good social group with beginners and elite athletes all from our University
- sports club hoodie
- excellent insurance package in case of injury during training or competition
- access to events such as our annual Sports Awards
- opportunities to help coach
- the chance to be part of a team of approximately 800 students who compete for Anglia Ruskin in over 30 sports throughout the year.
- free access to our campus gym for the year
- free access to sports therapists (physiotherapy etc) throughout the year
- strength and conditioning support from our dedicated Strength and Conditioning Coach
- support and advice from our High Performance Sport Coordinator
- financial support for performance-related costs (the level of support is agreed on a case-by-case basis)
- access to seminars to provide help with athlete lifestyle and wellbeing
- high-performance branded kit.
Each package is tailored to individual athletes, including financial support.
How to apply
To apply for a Sport Scholarship please complete the online form, or download a copy of the form below and return it to email@example.com.
The guidance notes below will help you when completing your form. We will not consider forms that are incomplete or that do not have the required evidence.
Application form and guidance notes
Anglia Ruskin Sports Scholarship application form
Anglia Ruskin Sports Scholarship guidance notes
For details of other scholarships on offer at ARU, visit our undergraduate, postgraduate and international funding pages.