About the team
Our Performance and Exercise Testing Consultancy services are led by our BASES Laboratory Director Dr Justin Roberts.
As part of an innovative real-world learning and employability approach, our consultancy testing team is made up of both undergraduate and postgraduate students under supervision. Members of our consultancy team have not only undertaken training via their degrees but have undergone competency training and readiness assessment prior to being involved in the consultancy services. As such, the level of professional delivery is excellent, with due attention to client health and safety, testing accuracy and providing user-friendly, scientific-driven, beneficial feedback in line with meeting your goals.
The team works on a core principle of support in which one team member will lead on your test, with support from at least two other team members in terms of data collection and feedback.
In addition to our Consultancy Testing Team, we have a number of leading experts in the fields of sport and exercise physiology, nutrition, psychology and biomechanics who can provide additional advice or deliver educational workshops relevant to your needs.
Dr Justin Roberts
Areas: Sports & Exercise Physiology, Sport & Exercise Nutrition
BASES Laboratory Director
BASES Accredited Sport & Exercise Physiologist
Registered Nutritional Therapist
- BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Physiologist and Chartered Scientist
- Registered Nutritional Therapist (BANT, CNHC).
- Previous BASES Laboratory Director – University of Hertfordshire & Brunel University
- Ph.D – Brunel University
- Prior testing experience: British Olympic Medical Centre (BOA)
- Active BASES member (20 years); ACSM member; Senior Fellow (SFHEA)
- Research areas: nutrition, endotoxemia and exercise; green tea and fat oxidation
- Support services: triathlon, long distance endurance, marathon running, cycling, rowing; including physiological testing, feedback, coach interaction and training programme design
Find out more about Justin’s experience and research
Dr Dan Gordon
Area: Sport & Exercise Physiology
Sport & Exercise Physiologist
- Course Leader: Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Ph.D – Anglia Ruskin University
- Active ACSM member
- Previous GB Paralympian
- Research areas: factors which limit maximal oxygen uptake; pacing strategies and marathon performance
- Support services: physiological support for various sports (track and field athletics, marathon running, cycling, football and rugby)
Find out more about Dan’s experience and research
Dr Itay Basevitch
Area: Sport & Exercise Psychology
Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Course Leader: Coaching for Performance in Football
- Active BASES member
- Certified Consultany (Association of Applied Sport Psychology: CC-AASP)
- Ph.D – Florida State University; M.Sc. – Florida State University; B.Sc. – Tel Aviv University
- Research areas: decision making in sport and the link between exercise and cognitive variables
- Support services: individual and team support including judo, basketball, volleyball and cricket.
Find out more about Itay’s experience and research
Areas: Sport & Exercise Biomechanics, Strength & Conditioning
Sport & Exercise Biomechanics
- UKSCA Accredited Strength & Conditioning Coach.
- Ph.D. Loughborough University (in progress);
- Research interests: Biomechanics in S&C, Player Surface Interactions (Biomechanics & Technology), Performance Coaching, Technology in Sport.
- Performance Support: Testing, monitoring, programming, research and rehabilitation.
- Sports Science Support and Academy S&C, Northampton County Cricket Club (3yrs).
- S&C and Sports Science Support, City of Leeds Swimming Club (3yrs).
- Lead S&C, University of Leeds Performance Sport Programme (4yrs).
- Sports Massage Tutor and Therapist
Areas: Sport & Exercise Science
Sports Coaching & Physical Education
Sport & Exercise Science
- Chartered Psychologist, British Psychological Society
- Chartered Psychologist, Italian Order of Psychologists
- BASES member
- FEPSAC member