Working with you
We offer free information, advice and guidance (IAG) to staff and students from year 6 to year 13 across the Eastern region.
You're welcome to join us at our campuses in Cambridge and Chelmsford – or we can travel to your school or college.
Here's a taste of what we can offer you.
- Talks – 'Intro to Uni', How to Choose a Course, Finance, Personal Statements, Student Life, plus a menu of activities to get students thinking about university
- Campus tours – led by our friendly and informative student ambassadors
- BTEC 'Going to Uni' conference – tailor-made for year 1/2 BTEC students with an introduction to our faculties and personal statement writing
- Study support sessions – designed for years 12/13 to support their current studies and future progression to university. Sessions are available daily throughout the academic year (excluding 12-2pm), last for approximately one hour and accommodate up to 25 students. Please note that under 18s must be accompanied by a teacher at all times. We can offer sessions on the following topics:
- academic writing
- critical thinking
- time and organisation
- revision and exam strategies.
- Research skills sessions – delivered by our University library staff and designed for years 12/13. Sessions are available in January, June and July between 9am and 5pm – please book at least two weeks in advance. Sessions last for approximately 60-90 minutes and accommodate up to 24 students (we can also offer sessions for whole year groups upon request). Under 18s must be accompanied by a teacher at all times. All sessions cover:
- the use of open access repositories to find high-quality academic research
- how to recognise reliable information sources online and critique them
- basic referencing skills and how to avoid plagiarism in your own work.
NB. Limited availability, conditions apply.
- Talks – 'Intro to Uni', How to Choose a Course, Finance, Personal Statements, Student Life, plus a menu of activities to get students thinking about Uni
- Tailor-made advice and support for Access and BTEC students
- Attend your careers or HE event
How to book
For more information, including how to book, please contact us: email@example.com or 01245 684711.
We're a small team, so advance booking is essential for on- and off-campus activity. During peak times we operate a waiting list, but we'll try our hardest to accommodate you.