Travel, shifts and holidays
Travel to your practice placement
We recommend considering the following before you start your course.
- Many students may find that they have to travel a distance to their placement.
- Students will have to bear the cost of the travel to their placement.
- It is not possible to give every student a placement that involves limited travel.
- Our Paramedic Science placements include the East of England and London, in rural and urban areas.
- While we make every effort to minimise the travelling distance involved, it is important that you are prepared to travel and that you have considered the implications of this.
- Personal/domestic issues should be planned well in advance to accommodate travelling times. It is a professional requirement that you are punctual and reliable.
- It would be advantageous to have your our transport, or access to a car to help with travel to placements, as it is not always possible to rely on public transport.
During your placement, you'll experience different shift patterns, including weekends, bank holidays and night shifts (including early mornings). Personal/domestic issues should be planned well in advance to accommodate all shift patterns.
You'll be allocated annual leave throughout your course and this is clearly labelled on the course timetable. Only in very exceptional circumstances can this be changed and only by prior agreement with your Course Leader.