Frequently asked questions for EU students

Will I be affected when the UK leaves the EU?

It has been confirmed by the UK Government that current student fees and finance options for UK and EU will continue for 2019/20
Download the British Council Studying in the UK - FAQ

What’s the deadline for applying?
There is no official university deadline for applying for most of our courses, but it is always advisable to apply early. You do not have to wait until you finish your current course to apply for your course at Anglia Ruskin. You can apply via one of our representatives in your country (see country pages), via UCAS for undergraduate (Bachelor degree) courses or directly online from the relevant course page of our website for postgraduate (Master degree).

If you apply for an undergraduate course through UCAS, the first deadline for courses starting in September, is on 15th January, although it is still possible to apply after this date. Visit the UCAS website for more information.

What is clearing?
Clearing is your opportunity to apply to university, whether you’ve just taken exams this summer or you’re returning to education. Apply from 3 July. If you’re taking exams this summer, we’ll review your application and contact you on results day. If you already know your results, we'll review your application and contact you before 16 August. Find out all you need to know about Clearing.
Do you offer accommodation and is it guaranteed?
We have University-managed accommodation on both campuses (see here). These are all either on-campus or within walking distance. Whilst we don’t guarantee accommodation, students who apply early will have plenty of choice. You may only apply if you have accepted an offer from us.
Can I work whilst studying?
Yes. The University’s Employment Bureau is there to help you find jobs. Here you’ll find more information. Depending on your course, you may also benefit from work placements.
Do you offer any scholarships?
We have a range of scholarships available for EU students.
Can I study two different subjects?
We have a few degrees which combine related subjects, such as Psychology and Criminology, Drama and Film Studies, History and English. Most of our degrees are, however, in one subject area. If you have an interest which isn’t part of your degree, then we have numerous clubs and societies which may enable you to follow an interest without it being part of your formal studies.
What kinds of clubs and societies are there?
There’s a huge range, including sport related societies, those related to your course and even ones related to your country! Kickboxing, aerobics, finance society, Portuguese society, to name a few. You are more than welcome to start your own society when you get here, visit:
How many hours can I work?
All EU citizens (except for Croatian Nationals that are restricted to 20 hours per week) are allowed to work full time in the UK. However, we recommend that you do not work too many hours during the teaching semester and that you get the right balance between studies and work. You can work full time during the semester breaks and vacation periods.
Is the degree recognised in my country?
Anglia Ruskin University has degree awarding powers as recognised by the UK authorities and our degrees are widely recognised internationally. You are advised to check with the relevant authorities in your country if you are in any doubt. The same applies for any professional body recognition in the UK and you are advised to check with your local national agency for the recognition and comparison of professional qualifications and skills gained in the UK.
For more information about current arrangements and future access to the Erasmus programme following Brexit, please visit our Erasmus Programme page.