Dr Theodora Stroumpouki
Lecturer in Acute Care, Department of Adult and Mental Health Nursing
Faculty:Faculty of Health, Social Care & Education
Department:School of Nursing & Midwifery
Areas of Expertise:
Nursing and midwifery
Theodora teaches pre-registration nursing at Anglia Ruskin. Her areas of expertise are cardiac and cardio-surgical nursing, and Intensive Care Unit nursing.
Theodora completed her BSc in Nursing at the Technological Educational Institution (TEI) of Athens (1991). Her PhD in Nursing was performed at the University of Wales, College of Medicine, in the UK (2000).
From 1991 to 1997, Theodora worked in Cardiac ICU and Cardiosurgical ICU at University Hospital of Wales, in Onassis Cardiosurgical Center and the 1st IKA Hospital in Athens, Greece. From 2003 to 2009 she worked in ATTIKON University General Hospital, in the Heamatological Unit and in the medical ward.
From 1994 to 2009, Theodora worked as clinical teacher at the Faculty of Health and Caring Professions in Technological Educational Institution (TEI) of Athens, in Nursing Department. From 2009 she worked as a Lecturer at the Faculty of Health and Caring Professions in Technological Educational Institution (TEI) of Athens, in Nursing Department.
- Coronary heart disease
- Long-term conditions
Theodora is a regular reviewer of the scientific journals International Nursing Research, Nurse Education in Practice, International Journal of Mental Health Nursing, and Educational Research. She had also been a member of the Ethical Committee of TEI of Athens from July 2012 until November 2013.
Areas of research supervision
Theordora would be pleased to consider supervising doctoral students with the following research interests/topics:
- Cardiac rehabilitation and quality of life
- Long term conditions and end of life care
- Intensive Care Unit
- Clinical Teacher, Technological Educational Institution of Athens, Nursing Department
- Teaching Medical and Surgical Nursing, 5-15 teaching hours per week
- Pre-registration Nursing Programme
- Lecturer in Nursing, Technological Educational Institution of Athens, Nursing Department
- Teaching Medical and Surgical Nursing
- Pre-registration Nursing Programme.
- BSc Nursing, Technological Educational Institution of Athens, Faculty of Nursing.
- Diploma in Cardiology, University of Leeds, Department of Cardiovascular Studies
- PhD, Title of the thesis: “Recovery and Quality of life after cardiac surgery. A case study of Greece”. University of Wales, College of Medicine, Department of Nursing Studies.
- TNCC PROVIDER, (Emergency Nurses Association)
- BLS/AED PROVIDER (European Resuscitation Council)
Memberships, editorial boards
- Division of Public Health-Department of Medical Care, 1991
- Hellenic Association for Graduate Nurses, 2003
Selected recent publications
- Stavropoulou, A., Stroubouki, T., (2009). Measurement of nurse knowledge on quality assurance. Medical Annals, 32, pp. 120-128.
- Stroubouki, T., (2009). Return to work and demographic and occupational factors after cardiac surgery: A Greek perspective. Medical Annals, 32, pp 449-456.
- Stavropoulou, A., Stroubouki, T., (2009). Measurement of quality assurance and job satisfaction. Medical Annals, 32, pp. 547-549.
- Stavropoulou, A., Stroubouki, T., (2009). Τhe interrelation among education on quality assurance and effective implementation of quality programmes in health care sector. Medical Annals, 32, pp 550-552.
- Stavropoulou, A., Stroubouki, T., (2009). Exploring nurse students’ expectations for developing a quality assurance course. Health Science Journal, 3(4), pp 254-262.
- Stavropoulou, A., Stroubouki, T., Lionak,i A., Lionaki, S., Bakogiorga, H., Zidianakis, Z., (2011). Student Nurses’ Perceptions on Caring for People with HIV, Health Science Journal, 5(4), pp 288-296.
- Kyriakopoulos, S., Papageorgiou, D.E., Stroubouki T., Stavropoulou, A., Ntinou, E., Galanopoulos, J., Vottis, C., Mavrogenis, A.F., and Yfantopoulos, J., (2013). Quality of Life of Patients with Musculoskeletal Disorders in a Greek Hospital, Ethics in Biology, Engineering & Medicine: An International Journal, 4 (4), pp 269–284.
- Stavropoulou, A., Stroubouki, T., (2014). Evaluation of educational programmes - The contribution of history to modern evaluation thinking. Health Science Journal, 8(2), pp 193-204.
- Stavropoulou A, Stroubouki T, (2014). Using the principles of realistic evaluation approach in nurse education, Health Science Journal, 8(4) pp 411-422.
Recent presentations and conferences
- Stroubouki, T., Stavropoulou, A. (2011). Student Nurses’ Perceptions on Caring for People with HIV. In: 15 International Nursing Research Conference. Madrid, Spain, 2011
- Perrett, S., Stroubouki, T., Stavropoulou, A., Papatheodorou, P., Biley, F. Negotiating Uncertainty. Living a Life with HIV: An EU collaborative project. In: 40 Hellenic Conference in Nursing. Athens, 2013.
- Chatzikorios, G., Antypa, M., Kelesi, M., Fasoi, G., Stathopoulos, T., Koukia, E., Stroubouki, T., Papageorgiou, D. (2013). Knowledge and education of nursing students regarding control and smoking cessation. In: 40 Hellenic Conference in Nursing, Athens, 2013.
- Mpouzika, M., Koutsioupa, S., Chalil, Z., Fouka, G., Parissopoulos, S., Stroubouki, T., Katsoulas, T., Pentilas, N. (2013). The creation of a learning curve and the evaluation of the capacity of nursing students of TEI of Athens for an endotracheal intubation with two types of laryngoskopes, In: 40 Hellenic Conference in Nursing. Athens, 2013.