Events and workshops - a summary
Below is a list of past events and one-off projects that the Education for Sustainability team have been involved in. To find out about upcoming opportunities, take a look at our events and workshops page.
- EfS team are joined by two student interns for six weeks
- Victoria Tait runs two workshops for students at Hills Road Sixth Form on sustainability
- Undergraduate sustainability dissertation prize competition closes - winner to be announced at graduation in September 2018
- EfS coordinator, Victoria Tait, presents research on decolonising sustainability education at University of Cambridge conference on Postcolonial Ecologies
- Conservation coasters competition closed and prizes were handed out to winners as part of the GSI's 'warming' event
- Continuation of Environmental law seminar series
- Staff and student edible garden is kick started
- First seminar in the Environmental law seminar series
- Co-hosted a workshop on Education for Sustainability as part of World Social Work Day
- Co-hosted a seminar on 'small steps to sustainability' as part of the Cambridge Science Festival
- Dr Alison Greig, Director of Education for Sustainability, and Farah Iqbal, MA Children's Book Illustration student, presented at the Sustainability in Higher Education conference at Plymouth University exploring the way in which we are working with artists to engage students in sustainability
- Co-hosted a conference with the Education department on Environmental and Sustainability Education in Primary Education Studies courses. The findings will be written up in a paper to be published this summer.
- Victoria Tait, EfS coordinator, received an award for her contribution to the Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Victoria Tait featured on a special BBC radio Cambridgeshire programme exploring the impact of plastic pollution on our environment
- Victoria Tait and Felicity Clarke, GSI Institute Manager, held a stall at the Mill Road Winter Fair, encouraging members of the community to make a sustainability pledge for the New Year
- The EfS team held a one day event as part of the ESRC Festival of Social Science, entitled 'Young Change Makers for the Sustainable Development Goals'. The day brought together young people from local secondary schools, researchers from the GSI, and staff from local charities and businesses. You can read more about the day here.
- Held two drop-in sessions to support students interested in participating in our sustainability dissertation prize
- Three 'Be the Change' grants were awarded to academics in Education, Biology, and Creative Writing
- Sustainable Sainji was shortlisted for a Green Gown award
- Launched our 25th anniversary poster series which showcases sustainability in a light hearted and fun way.