Mission and values
Our mission is to establish an internationally significant centre of excellence for integrated sustainability thinking and teaching, drawing on the breadth of expertise in Anglia Ruskin University to help catalyse change.
Through local and international partnerships we aim to enable co-learning and collaboration and be recognised as a global leader in demonstrating sustainability action.
In the Global Sustainability Institute (GSI), we support the values of our University.
- We are passionate about the advancement of knowledge and the education of students.
- We take university education in imaginative new directions.
- We are important to the region and want to be viewed in the UK and internationally as exceptional.
- Our key contribution is to the enhancement of social, cultural and economic wellbeing.
In addition, the GSI has the following values.
- We build a research programme based on the needs of business, government and society in responding to global challenges.
- We have a systems view of the world and believe creativity and problem solving skills are key to developing solutions.
- A truly interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary approach is required.
- We learn by doing and will support the University on its sustainability journey.
Sustainability envisages a just society of innovation, opportunity and wellbeing which manages the full diversity of environmental risks
Our definition of sustainability