Research and Innovation Development Office
Category: Research news
23 March 2016
Norfolk County Council will be hosting a conference titled The Silver Pound: A Golden Opportunity.
The event will explore the economic opportunities presented by the ‘silver pound’, and aims to inspire local businesses and entrepreneurs to take advantage of this growing market with innovative products, services and collaborative ventures.
Speakers will include:
- George Freeman MP, Minister for Life Sciences, a passionate advocate of the importance of technology in caring for older people.
- Haidee Bell, Head of Design Programmes, Design Council, discussing their Design Challenges which have stimulated innovative design for older people, and have led to projects to support entrepreneurs to bring their designs to market.
- Ian Sherriff, from Plymouth University, the Chair of the Prime Minister’s Dementia Task Force, will explore some of the economic opportunities arising from the health challenges facing older people.
- Jackie Eveleigh, from the East of England European Partnership, will present the EU policy picture and discuss the EU funding potential around the Silver Economy.
- Entrepreneurs at different stages of developing new products and services aimed at older people share their stories and experiences.
There will be a group discussion on potential business opportunities, and the organisers hope to develop an ongoing network of collaborating businesses.
For more details or to register, please see the Eventbrite page. Booking ends on 18 April!