Research and Innovation Development Office
4 September 2017
This year's Fight for Sight project grants call is now open. The charity welcomes applications in any of its six priority areas:
- developing and testing new and more effective treatments
- improving understanding of the causes of eye diseases and conditions
- developing ways of preventing age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataract and diabetic eye disease
- improving the early detection of eye diseases and conditions
- improving through eye research the quality of life for adults and children living with sight loss
- identifying and assessing emerging threats to sight.
Grants of up to £170,000 are available for a three-year project, scaled if the length of the project is shorter. Funding may be used for salaries, consumables and essential equipment. It may not be used for indirect and estates costs, or recruitment costs.
Fight for Sight funding is considered prestigious in the field of vision research: around 14% of applications were successful in the previous round.
The deadline for applications is 5pm, 1 November 2017.