Talking about teaching seminars
We run Talking about teaching seminars every month from October to June.
Colleagues and external speakers share their teaching insights and good practice. Each semester series is opened and and closed by an external speaker.
Take a look at some of our previous seminars by visiting the Past events and resources page.
Talking about teaching seminars – Semester 2 2017/18
- Using motivational interviewing to improve student engagement and retention with Dr Fiona McMaster, 15 February, 4.30-6pm
- Recognising achievement with criterion-referenced, grade-based assessment with Dr Sebastian Rasinger, 7 March, 4.30-6pm
- Integrating resilience into practice with Caroline Bald, 12 April, 4.30-6pm
- Outside the lecture theatre: Maximising student learning in applied sessions with Dr Matthew Timmis, 2 May, 4.30-6pm
- A methodology that makes self-assessment an implicit part of the answering process - Preliminary results with Dr Paul McDermott, 28 June, 12.30-2pm (lunch at 12pm)