Equality, Diversity and Inclusion for staff
If you're an employee, or are thinking of becoming one, our Valuing Diversity and Promoting Equality Policy outlines our commitment to ensuring that the way you are treated is fair, and free of unlawful discrimination.
We reinforce this commitment via mandatory equality training for our staff, and through our internal communications. Our staff training programme is comprehensive and covers all aspects of diversity including gender, race/ethnicity, disability, sexuality, religion / belief, age, and the other characteristics given protection by the Equality Act 2010, which are transgender, pregnancy/maternity, and marital/civil partnered status. At staff induction conferences we go beyond law, recognising that diversity includes a wide range of factors, any of which may trigger conscious and unconscious biases, e.g., accent, social class, appearance.
As an employer, we’re proud to be part of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme, a good practice forum on sexual orientation. We became a member of Athena SWAN in 2012 and achieved our institutional Bronze Award in April 2015. We’re also a Mindful Employer, meaning we offer information and support to staff experiencing stress, anxiety, depression or other mental health conditions. And finally we’re accredited by RoSPA, the UK charity that promotes safety at work.
Anglia Ruskin's equality policy framework. This page introduces our equality and diversity policies and you can find links to the documents on MyAnglia.
- Events with a focus on equality and diversity. This page includes reports of past events and news of future ones. It also includes a link to the staff training and development section of HR Online.
- Staff Inclusivity Networks you may wish to join.
- University guidance documents on implementing equality and diversity. Includes information on assessing the impact of our policies and Equality Impact Assessments published to date; flexible working guidelines; how to plan accessible seminars and other events; how to develop inclusive learning and teaching; and other useful documents.
- Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Group, including who's on it, who chairs it, and dates of meetings.
- Links to external sites providing a wide range of specialist advice and expertise on-line. They include Government commissions, special-interest and campaigning organisations, and -- if you teach students -- a number of publications related to good practice in learning and teaching.
If you have any queries or comments about equality and diversity at Anglia Ruskin, please e-mail HRS@anglia.ac.uk or Student Services at email@example.com.