We specialise in research within the third sector and our research has ranged from project level evaluations to major quantitative and qualitative studies. We can also help in other ways (such as joint student research projects, or Knowledge Transfer Partnerships). We have undertaken work for ESTIC, Social Enterprise East of England, local charities.
Recent projects have included:
- Research into the achievements, weaknesses and potential future activities of two infrastructure networks, and also considered the impact on civil society organisations of economic downturn and the new public spending environment.
- Social Return on Investment (SROI) analysis for five social enterprises/charities
- A toolkit for Volunteer Involving Organisations to use when considering or indeed already working with volunteers to support them into employment.
- Mapping social enterprise activity in Essex.
- Research into pre-start up business support in the East of England.
- Evaluation of a volunteering project in Chelmsford.