Top tips from our graduates
We asked our recent graduates what advice they would give new students and have come up with their Top Tips
- Believe in yourself – you deserve to be here and you can succeed.
- Don’t miss lectures – make the most of these by turning up on time, joining in the discussions and asking questions.
- Attend events and activities outside your course – make the most of your time here.
- Make the most of all the support available.
- Join a club or society – a really easy way of making friends.
- Use your Personal Tutor – ask them how you can improve.
- Ask for help if you need it.
- Read – lots!
- Read your module handbook.
- Plan – make a schedule or use a diary to plan your studies.
- Don’t leave your assignments to the last minute and submit before the due date – you’ll be less stressed.
- Embrace the diversity at university – every student at ARU is different – use your time to learn from each other’s experiences.
- Budget – get advice if you need help with your money.
- Get volunteering – take advantage of the opportunities to improve your CV.
- Use your Course Rep – or become one – give your feedback on your course or be the one who represents your course.
- Be proud of being part of this community and enjoy your first year.