Department of Engineering and the Built Environment Research
Our Department is home to four research groups: Built Environment Research Group (BERG), Engineering Analysis Simulation and Tribology Group (EAST), Medical Engineering Research Group (MERG) and Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering Research Group (ETERG).
We are also currently carrying out research in the following areas:
- applying engineering solutions to medical problems (Dr Rajshree Mootanah)
- energy efficiency, carbon emissions, thermal comfort and energy monitoring in building performance (Dr Carlos Jimenez-Bescos)
- bridging the gap between theory and practice (Richard Longstaff)
- thermodynamics, fluid dynamics and heat transfer (Professor Hassan Shirvani)
- telecommunications engineering and computer engineering (Dr Sufian Yousef).
Read more about the work of our research groups: