Human Resource Management (CIPD - Day release)
PG DipIntermediate award(s): PG Cert
Course informationThis new two-year part-time postgraduate programme in Human Resource Management has been designed to meet the requirements of CIPD's advanced level qualifications.
This programme is ideal for those aspiring to become effective HR practitioners - whether working as managers or consultants in generalist or specialist roles. It will allow you to develop your understanding of organisations and the changing external context in which HR operates. Using critical analysis, self-reflection and problem solving techniques, you will learn how to develop and implement creative and strategic HR solutions that drive organisational performance.
The CIPD qualification is the foremost award in the field of human resource management and is held by many UK and international HR directors. This qualification will provide you with the underpinning knowledge towards CIPD's professional membership (Associate, Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow).
Why study with us?
- LAIBS is member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) which means our course is accredited by the UK's most credible professional body for HR and people development.
- Completion of the course will provide you with the underpinning knowledge for professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) as an associate member, chartered member or chartered fellow
- Better career prospect as most employer require or prefer graduates of CIPD accredited programmes and/or members of the CIPD
- Emphasis is placed on the development of reflective practitioners and 'thinking performers' by encouraging you to relate your learning experiences within the learning groups
Extended course informationSuccessful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management will provide students with the underpinning knowledge for professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) as an associate member, chartered member or chartered fellow. This course focuses upon the furtherance of appreciation of the global marketplace in terms of impact upon labour markets and issues for HR practitioners working in a multi-national corporation within an international environment. The course will address and consider the changing nature of employment further to the global credit crunch and the changing nature of the economic climate or world order. As such it will provide great benefit for professional practitioners who wish to develop their skills and appreciation for people management from an international and comparative perspective.
Year one core modules
- Human Resource Management in Context (15 credit)
- Resourcing and Talent Management (15 credit)
- Leading, Managing and Developing People (15 credit)
- Developing Skills for Business Leadership (15 credit)
Year two core modules
- Designing, Delivering and Evaluating Learning & Development Provision (15 credit)
- Employment Law (15 credits)
- Managing Employment Relations (15 credits)
- Investigating a Business Issue from a Human Resources Perspective (15 credit)
Those who achieved the CIPD Professional Development Standards in the last five years or the Advanced Diploma Standards or the Anglia PG Diploma in HRM on the block or part-time route can top-up their award to progress to the Masters in HRM by undertaking two modules focussing their international and global understanding alongside a dissertation.
AssessmentAssessment is by modular assignments incorporating written reports and essays, oral presentations, case study analysis, examinations and a portfolio.
Our Business School
- Lord Ashcroft International Business School is one of the largest business schools in the east of England
- 88% of our leavers are in work or further study 6 months after graduating
- 100 full time teaching staff
- 6,000 students from over 100 countries
- Our Centres of Excellence in both Cambridge and Chelmsford provide students with specialised knowledge and expertise
- We have engaged with over 500 businesses to bring you into close contact with expert business practitioners, analysts and consultants and are the Business School of choice by some world renowned corporations such as Harrods, Crawfords, UPS and Barclays
- Lord Ashcroft International Business School is a member of the Association of Business Schools (ABS), the main authoritative voice for the UK's Business Schools
Special featuresFeatures of this course include:
- accreditation by the CIPD as meeting the requirements of their new Advanced Level qualification
- 24 years experience of delivering CIPD programmes
- a high success rate
- experienced staff
- visiting speakers
- opportunity to attend an employment tribunal
- excellent resources
- a supportive climate
- individual supervision
FacilitiesYou will benefit from a range of state-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities on this course, including interactive virtual learning support materials which are contemporary and continually updated. Library provision and database information is constantly accessible and supported by a robust infrastructure. You will also have access to our range of modern catering facilities and access to study areas on campus.
Links with industry and professional recognitionThe CIPD is the primary professional body in the UK for those involved in the management and development of people. They have designed their new advanced level curriculum, which is incorporated in our Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, following extensive research so that you can be sure that you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills that employers are seeking. Our programmes, supported by the CIPD, are designed to be academically rigorous whilst maintaining a focus on the skills and knowledge you need for a successful career in HRM. Successful completion of our programme enables direct entry to the MA Human Resource Management.
Associated careersThis is an academically rigorous course which maintains a focus on the skills and knowledge you need for a successful career in human resource management. This course will benefit those HR managers who are preparing themselves for senior roles and are seeking to develop their strategic and international perspectives and establish HR as a major influence in the formation of company policy.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, supported by the CIPD, is designed to be academically rigorous whilst maintaining a focus on the skills and knowledge you need for a successful career in HRM. Successful completion of our programme enables direct entry to the MA Human Resource Management.
Candidates who do not possess any of these entry criteria, but can demonstrate appropriate relevant experience in a post of management or professional responsibility may be admitted if, in the opinion of the admissions tutor, they are capable of profiting from and contributing to the pathway.
Holders of other awards, including those from non-UK universities will be considered on the equivalence of their qualifications.
Those applicants for whom English is not the first language will be expected to demonstrate a certified level of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
How to apply
For Cambridge & Chelmsford applications please apply online
For University Centre Peterborough applications please email email@example.com or call 0845 196 5750.
Semester 1 and 2: Mon or Tues 1-7pm (you can choose which day to attend)
Semester 1 and 2: Mon 1-7pm
University Centre Peterborough:
Year 1: Mon 2-8.30pm
Year 2: Wed 2-8.30pm
Fees & funding
Open DaySaturday 15 November
Postgraduate Open Day
Course flyerDownload the course flyer
FacultyLord Ashcroft International Business School
Contact usUK and EU applicants:
- Call 01245 493131
- Complete enquiry form
- Call +44 (0)1223 698609
- Complete enquiry form
* Teaching days are subject to change each academic year. Timings are also dependent on any optional modules you chose and are for guidance, so we advise all applicants to wait until they are in receipt of their timetable before making arrangements around course times.