Vision and Hearing Sciences
Welcome to our department. You have taken the first steps on a journey that will lead you into a rewarding and satisfying professional career in the vision and hearing paramedical health professions.
Why study with us?We offer...
- Top ranked National Student Survey (NSS) scores for Optometry and Ophthalmic Dispensing, excellent scores for Audiology
- A range of Full-time, Part-time and Distance Learning qualifications in Optometry, Ophthalmic Dispensing, and Hearing Aid Audiology
- Small class sizes and state-of-the-art clinical and teaching facilities
- Excellent career prospects
- Supportive, research-active staff and a rapidly developing research base
- On campus University Eye Clinic
- Close links with industry leaders
- A great location
By completing your studies in our department you will be well prepared with the knowledge, experience and clinical skills to allow you to finally complete your training as an optometrist, dispensing optician or hearing aid audiologist
“One of the best things about studying here at Anglia is the size of the department and staff to student ratio. The department has a really personal feel, with students and lecturers knowing each other on first name terms - which certainly makes it easier to knock on a lecturers' door and ask them a question when you need to. The equipment and teaching facilities in the University Eye Clinic are also top class, and lectures, seminars and practical sessions are always well organised.
My family live in London, where I also work in an opticians practice at weekends - it really helps being able to put knowledge and skills I've learnt in the week into practice at the weekends. During the week I live in a student residence located just across the road from the Anglia Campus. I live with an Ophthalmic Dispensing student and two other third year Optometry students, which is always useful when revision time comes around!