University online payments
Frequently asked questions
Security of the Anglia Ruskin University web pagesThis system enables credit/debit card payments to be made against students' accounts using Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator versions 4 or above. Our secure-server software encrypts all sensitive information using industry-standard technology.
Which cards do we accept?We accept all major Mastercards, Visa cards and Maestro cards. We do not however accept Diners Club cards, due to the high rates of commission charged. Please also be aware that some cards such as Electron are not capable of being used for online transactions - your bank will advise you if your card is subject to such restrictions.
Declined PaymentsIf after entering your credit card details, and selecting the proceed button, you are advised "Authorisation has failed", there are several reasons why this may have happened:
- You may have entered the incorrect card number. Please note that on most Maestro cards, the number to enter is the long number across the middle of the card.
- Your card credit limit may have been exceeded - (some cards have a daily limit, in which case try making a smaller payment).
- The post code you entered is different from the post code held by your bank/credit card company.
- Not all cards are eligible for online transactions, e.g. Electron cards.
- The Diners Club card is not accepted by the University
If your card is declined you can try again, but for security reasons, your bank will normally allow only three consecutive attempts, after which the card may then be blocked for the rest of the day. For your security, only the cardholder can be advised by their own bank why a card is declined.