Professor James Hampton-Till
Deputy Dean, Faculty of Medical Science
Director of Research, Postgraduate Medical Institute
Faculty:Faculty of Medical Science
Areas of Expertise:
James's original studies were in the fields of oral microbiology and cariology. He subsequently developed from a bench scientist to a Clinical Trialist with a particular focus on the delivery of cardiology and commercial trials.
James has led on health research, curriculum and assessment, and operational management across UK national governing bodies and the National Health Service (NHS). He joined Anglia Ruskin University in January 2013 from Basildon & Thurrock University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust where is retains an honorary attachment. James holds a non-clinical professorial chair in clinical trials medicine.
- Microbial survival mechanisms, and the geno-/phenotypic expression of bacterial culture in biofilm and planktonic growth phases under applied stress(es)
- Microbial management of the deep carious lesion and the vital pulp-dentine complex
- Novel recruitment and retention strategies in parallel and cross-over pragmatic clinical trials with and without run-in periods; and clinical trials of medical devices
- Patient accessible technologies and promoting self-directed care
- BSc (Hons) Biological Science
Memberships, editorial boards