Frequently asked questions
When will I receive information about arriving at Anglia Ruskin?
- We'll e-mail Pre-Arrival Information to the address on your application form at least six weeks before the start of your course. This information will also be uploaded onto these pages and details of your Course/Faculty Welcome events can also be found on our University website at welcome pages.
How do I reserve a place on the International & EU Orientation Programme?
- You need to book your place in advance and online.
How do I book an airport pick-up from Heathrow on 14th September 2016?
- Bookings are open now and will close on Friday 9 September. For details of our Heathrow airport pick up service follow the link.
When can I move into my accommodation?
- After you have accepted your offer of accommodation our Residential Services Office will inform you when you can move into your accommodation.
What happens if I arrive at my accommodation outside the hours of 9am - 5pm?
- If possible try your best to arrive between 9:00 and 17:00. If you know you will be arriving before after 17:00 contact our Residential Services Office so that arrangements can be made for you to collect your keys. If you unexpectedly arrive out of these hours (for example, if your plane is delayed) then you should go to our Security Office on campus, or call +44 (0) 1245 495918. Use +44 outside the UK or the (0) within the UK before dialling the number.
How do I open a UK bank account?
- We will help you when you arrive. Only after you have fully registered can you open an account.
How can I get my student email address?
- Once you have registered/enrolled you will be able to access your Anglia email account.
How do I complete my enrollment/registration with Anglia Ruskin?
- In August we send you a user name and password so that you can register on line before you arrive. Within five days of completing your registration you can see your timetable, If you download our Anglia Ruskin APP you can see your timetable on your phone or tablet device.
How do I register with the police?
- Some students from outside the European Economic Area are required to register with the police on arrival. Your visa in your passport will clearly indicate if police registration is necessary for you. If so, upon your arrival in the UK, you must register with the police within seven days. See our Pre-Departure guide for more information.
Pre-departure guide (part 1: Planning your arrival)
Pre-departure guide (part 2: Arriving and Living in the UK)
I will miss the International Orientation Programme what do I do?
- Make your travel plans as soon as possible. Let us know your date of arrival by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When you arrive you should come to see an adviser within our International Student Advice Service as soon as possible.