Anglia Ruskin Nursing Research Unit
The Anglia Ruskin Nursing Research Unit (ARNRU) aims to create a community of nurses from our Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education and partners in Cambridgeshire and Essex, who are all engaged in research.
Launched in January 2015 and based here at Anglia Ruskin, the Unit is chaired by Professor Nancy Fontaine and co-chaired by Dr Leslie Gelling.
More specifically, the purpose of the ARNRU is to:
- promote and encourage collaborative, high-quality nursing research and innovation among member organisations that can contribute to patient care and improving the patient experience
- make the best use of combined resources and expertise to plan, conduct and report innovative and clinically relevant nursing research in member organisations
- help improve capacity for nursing research and innovation in member organisations
- help member organisations to attract research funding
- promote the effective use of evidence to guide clinical nursing practice
- celebrate nursing and nursing research in member organisations
- promote the growth of nursing research and innovation locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
For more information about our Nursing Research Unit, please email ARNRU@anglia.ac.uk.