What is Myprogress
What is myprogress?
Myprogress is a web based tool for assessing students in clinical practice. Within practice students can either complete assessments on a computer or a tablet device.
No wifi - no problem. There is no need for internet access in the clinical area.
What are the benefits of using myprogress?
- Increased communication & engagement between personal tutors within the University and students / mentors in practice.
- Student and mentor acquisition of digital literacy skills.
- Wifi / internet access is not required in clinical area. The device is synced when the student returns home or attends the campus.
- Mentors have access to their own portal and student assessment. This provides evidence for their triennial review and NMC re-registration.
- Improved academic practice by precluding the falsification of documentation through email-verified sign-off of assessments.
- Improved record keeping; reports can be extracted from the system providing a range of quality assurance data.
- Attendance sheets can be approved on the device and accessed remotely by the HEI and digitally checked.
- Development of a CPD portfolio.
- A bank of assessment tools / instruments can be developed to prevent repetition for academics and increase in sharing opportunities.
- Tutors can forward 'useful information' to the students in practice via the App.