Faculty:Faculty of Health, Social Care & Education
Department:School of Education & Social Care
Areas of Expertise:
Education and teaching
Julia’s interests lie in promotion of social justice in and through education and in developing strong community links.
Julia is a full time lecturer and Course Leader on the BA (Hons) Education Studies and BA (Hons) Education & Childhood Studies courses at Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford.
Before entering the Higher Education sector, Julia focused on autism policy development at local and national level. She still maintains this interest and remains active within both the local and national government arenas, and within autism research.
Julia is an alumna of Anglia Ruskin University having completed both her Undergraduate and Masters degrees here.
- Autism policy
- Disability advocacy
- Non-traditional students in Higher Education
- Social justice and education
BA (Hons) Education Studies and BA (Hons) Education & Childhood Studies
Recent presentations and conferences
- Public Policy Exchange: Ensuring Better Outcomes for People with Autism, February 2015
- Public Policy Exchange: Ensuring Better Outcomes for People with Autism, November 2015
- V International Conference on Critical Education, June 2015
- VI International Conference on Critical Education, August 2016
- XI Autism – Europe International Congress, September 2016
- Local newspaper re autism charity work
- National newspaper re mature students
- National television as part of Channel 4’s Educating Essex programme and follow-up