Cambridge Science Festival - Equality at work in science and technology professions after Brexit
25 March 2017, 14:00 - 16:00
Over the years European Union law significantly increased the level of protection in a number of areas like environment, employment and equality law, but with Brexit the landscape will change. Equality, diversity and inclusion at work in science and technology professions after Brexit will face new challenges and this panel discussion will address these issues relating to equality at work.
This panel discussion is organised by Dr Sunrita Dhar-Bhattacharjee and Dr Anna Paraskevopoulou, from Lord Ashcroft International Business School, Anglia Ruskin University. The panel consisting of both academic and policy making speakers including Women’s organizations, Equality Challenge Unit, ACAS and Trade Unions will include the following experts:
- Sarah Dickinson Hyams, Head of Equality Charters, Equality Challenge Unit
- Prof. Thomas Welton, Dean of the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Imperial College London
- Prof. Haifa Takruri-Rizk, Associate Head Engagement, University of Salford.
- Maria Shinn (ACAS)
- Sarah Veale (ex TUC Equalities and Diversities Officer) or Professor Sonia McKay visiting fellow, University of Greenwich and University of West England.
The panel will address current and future trends in the area of equality and diversity within the socioeconomic climate of Brexit in science and technology professions and is suitable for a wider audience.
For more information about Cambridge Science Festival please click here.
- Dr Dhar-Bhattacharjee is a Senior Lecturer and Course Leader, BSc (Hons) Business Management for the Human Resource and Organisational Behaviour (HROB) department at Anglia Ruskin University. She teaches organisational behaviour and organisational development. Her research focusses on gender in the labour market and international businesses with regards to the intersectional perspectives in the study of transnational organisations in advanced and emerging economies.
- Dr Paraskevopoulou is a Senior Lecturer and a Course Leader, BSc Business and Human Resource Management at Anglia Ruskin University. For over eleven years she has researched and taught Equality and Diversity within the broader area of work and employment and she has recently co-authored a book with Professor Sonia McKay on Workplace equality in Europe – the role of trade unions. The book explores the effects of the economic crisis on trade unions’ efforts at tackling discrimination.
- 25 March 2017, 14:00 - 16:00
- Untitled PageTo book please click here.