Sing with us
Introducing Anglia Singers
- Friendly and enthusiastic group of singers, about 30 strong
- Members of varying ages - past or present staff or students from the university or members of the local community
- Rehearsals at Anglia Ruskin University's Chelmsford campus
- Three main concerts a year
What we offer
- From Bach to the Beatles, madrigals to musicals, sacred and secular music - a hugely varied and interesting programme
- No audition necessary
- Twilight rehearsals from 5.15 to 6.45pm Wednesdays plus occasional Saturday afternoons
- Modest subscriptions - one of the lowest of any music society in the region
- The chance to join partner choir, the Trianon Choir at well-known venues (such as Snape Maltings Concert Hall), and to join on trips to Europe with Dutch partners, L'Espérance choir
What we ask of you
- Commitment to perform in concerts
- Attendance at sufficient rehearsals to produce a high standard
- The ability to read music and/or learn pieces quickly is an advantage
November 2016 Concert in Springfield
Anglia Singers will start rehearsing on Wednesday 21 September for their Autumn Concert, which will be given at St Augustine's Church, Springfield, Chelmsford CM1 6GQ on Sunday 27 November 2016 at 4pm.
The concert, entitled We will make Music, will include a variety of pieces to suit all tastes, such as Gershwin’s Someone to watch over me and Clap yo’ hands, as well as selections from My Fair Lady and Cats. Butterworth’s Cycle of Four Songs from ‘A Shropshire Lad’ will set a pastoral tone, and there will be two modern motets by the much-loved composer Karl Jenkins: I’ll make music and Cantata Domini.
The Singers are delighted to be joined at this concert by a choir from The Bishops’ School who will perform their own pieces, as well as presenting a selection of appropriate carols for the First Sunday in Advent with the Singers.
For further details contact the Choir Secretary via email or phone (01376 793066).