Your Professional Responsibility as a Paramedic Educator
You will already have successfully completed a Trust-approved mentor preparation programme.
In order to keep your mentorship current, it is essential that you:
- participate in an annual (12 months) Mentor Update
- support and summatively assess two students within the two-year cycle
- participate in a biennial standards review.
To be assured of the quality of the future healthcare workforce, it is also essential that:
- students are supervised by mentors who are positive role models
- students are supervised and assessed by mentors who support care that embraces the underpinning principles and values of the NHS Constitution and the 6Cs
- mentors encourage and inspire students to make a difference to patient care.