Your Professional Responsibility as a Mentor
In accordance with the Regulatory and Professional Body (DH/NMC/HCPC) Mentor Standards for Learning and Assessment in Practice, you will already have completed an approved mentor preparation programme.
In order to keep your mentorship current, it is essential that you:
- Participate in an annual (12 months) Mentor Update.
- Demonstrate evidence of continuous professional development.
To be assured of the quality of the future healthcare workforce it is also essential that:
- Students are supervised by mentors who are positive role models.
- Students are supervised and assessed by mentors who support care that embraces the underpinning principles and values of the NHS Constitution and the 6Cs.
- Mentors encourage and inspire students to make a difference to patient care.