Why study a Music and Performing Arts course?
- Our unique combination of theory and practice will improve your knowledge and your skills.
- Your career options will blossom thanks to the employability and vocational skills we embed in our courses.
- You’ll be taught by research-active staff who are recognised, nationally and internationally, as experts in their field.
- You’ll work in purpose-built facilities within the heart of Cambridge.
- You’ll benefit from work placements, collaborations and internships through our close links with local industries.
- You’ll join a diverse community of students in a supportive environment, exploring new, challenging and thought-provoking aspects of your chosen subject.
- In the Research Excellence Framework 2014, our Music, Drama, Dance and Performing Arts research was awarded world-leading status.
- We have an active research community with a number of cross-disciplinary research centres, including the Music for Health Research Centre.
- You’ll have the chance to study abroad at universities in Europe and America
- 9/10 of our BA (Hons) Music students are in work or further study 6 months after the course. (HEFCE DLHE Survey 2016)
In the National Student Survey 2016:
100% of our BA (Hons) Drama and English Literature students were fully satisfied with their course.
9/10 of our BA (Hons) Drama students said their lecturers were good at explaining things, made the subject interesting and were enthusiastic about it.
9/10 of our BA (Hons) Drama and Film Studies students said their lecturers were good at explaining things.
9/10 of our BA (Hons) Performing Arts students said their lecturers were enthusiastic about the subject.
9/10 of our BA (Hons) Creative Music Technology students said that their lecturers were good at explaining things.