Course Leader, BA (Hons) Writing and Film Studies
Senior Lecturer, Film Studies
Faculty:Faculty of Arts, Law & Social Sciences
Department:Department of English and Media
Areas of Expertise:
Film, media and communication studies , Creative writing
Film Studies, Writing and Film Studies, Film Studies and Media Studies, Creative Writing
Judy is a Senior Lecturer in film studies and course leader for our BA (Hons) Writing and Film Studies.
Before joining Anglia Ruskin University, Judy studied screenwriting at the National Film and Television School (NFTS) having previously worked as a freelance film editor and script reader for film and TV.
After graduating from the NFTS she worked as a freelance scriptwriter for EastEnders, Byker Grove and Grange Hill.
Before joining Anglia Ruskin, Judy taught at the University of East Anglia and The London Film School.
- Contemporary gothic fiction
- Liminal horror
- Digital innovation in distribution
- Low-budget filmmaking
- MA, National Film and Television School
- MA Creative Writing, Kingston University
- PGCE, Anglia Ruskin University
- BA (Hons) English Literature, University of Bristol
Memberships, editorial boards
Research grants, consultancy, knowledge exchange
- Arts Council Award 2008, Escalator Prize for Fiction
- Arts Council Award 2012, Award for Fiction
Selected recent publications
Chapter in an Anthology Impress Prize for Fiction 2009 (University of Exeter Press).
Digital Innovation in Distribution/ Short Film (2011 UK Film Council).
Producer Through the Lens Sci Fi Feature Film 2014 (Continuum Motion Pictures).
As a freelance scriptwriter Judy has written for TV soaps including EastEnders, Byker Grove and Grange Hill.
Recent presentations and conferences
Film Conference –What Next
– Anglia Ruskin University 2014.