Why study with Cambridge School of Art?
Be inspired by our graduates' degree show work
- We're the only university in Cambridge that offers HE-level art and design.
- In The Guardian University Guide 2018, our Fashion & Textiles courses ranked 6th in the UK for 'Satisfied with teaching', and our Design & Crafts courses scored 91% for 'Satisfied with teaching'.
- You'll be part of a close community of artists, academics and over 900 students.
- Our progressive school is based on an art tradition founded in 1858.
- Cambridge is one of the UK's top creative hotspots (NESTA Creative Clusters and Innovation report 2010) and houses 18% of the UK's computer games workforce.
- We have strong links with local creative industries and practitioners.
- Our graduates have an excellent employment record, and many of our graduates and students find success in major national and international student prizes.
- Amongst our graduates we can boast Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett and Dave Gilmour, Spitting Image creators Peter Fluck and Roger Law, and the creator of St Trinian's, Ronald Searle.
- Our Art and Design research was awarded world-leading status in the Research Excellence Framework 2014.
- Our professional and ground-breaking digital art gallery, the Ruskin Gallery, shows touring exhibitions of international standing as well as student exhibitions.
- You'll work in light, bright studios with state-of-the-art facilities.
- You'll be able to study modules from other disciplines.
- We offer opportunities for study abroad.
In the National Student Survey 2016:
100% of our BA (Hons) Computer Games Art students were fully satisfied with their course.
95% of our BA (Hons) Graphic Design students were fully satisfied with their course.
9/10 of our BA (Hons) Film and Television Production students were fully satisfied with their course.
9/10 of our BA (Hons) Interior Design students were fully satisfied with their course.
100% of our BA (Hons) Illustration and Animation students said that their lecturers were enthusiastic about the subject.
100% of our BA (Hons) Fashion Design students said that their lecturers were enthusiastic about the subject.
9/10 of our BA (Hons) Fine Art students said their lecturers were good at explaining things.
96% of our BA (Hons) Illustration students said that their lecturers were enthusiastic about the subject.