Corporate plan and leadership
We published our most recent Corporate Plan at the end of 2014. It’s a three-year plan that sets out what we want to achieve from 2015-2017, and how we’ll meet our Mission.
Our Mission is:
We are exceptional and imaginative in the advancement of knowledge and education of students. We are passionate about collaboration, innovation and transformation to enhance social, cultural and economic well-being.
Our Corporate Plan sets 11 demanding targets around student achievement, engagement and satisfaction, research, and investment in academic activity.
- We will exceed the national average for student retention, achievement, satisfaction and employment outcomes thereby improving our position in league tables.
- We will develop a marketing and branding strategy to increase the number of applications we receive for undergraduate courses thereby enabling us to drive up qualifications on entry.
- We will increase student engagement within and outside the curriculum, so as to enrich students’ time at Anglia Ruskin,
support their academic success, give them a distinctive ‘edge’ in the job market and enrich their lives after university.
- We will establish Chelmsford as a nationally and internationally recognised centre for our enhanced portfolio of professionally accredited courses, growing student numbers in science, engineering, health, accounting and finance,
architecture, law and medical activity. Our student population in Chelmsford will grow to match that in Cambridge by 2020.
- We will become more postgraduate as an academic community so that 20% of our on-site students will be studying at postgraduate level and we lead the sector in the provision of Professional Doctorates.
- Every academic member of staff will be involved in research in their discipline, and every Faculty and academic department will have world-leading research.
- 3,000 of our campus-based students will be from outside the EU and we will educate 20,000 students off-site.
- We will become the UK’s leading university for Degrees at Work, with 2,000 work-based learning students.
- We will belong to a university community in which our staff are well qualified and staff satisfaction and engagement levels are in the top quartile.
- We will improve efficiency so that we can maximise investment in our academic activity - ensuring that an increasing proportion of funds is spent on academic activity each year.
- Our external income will be the highest in our benchmark group.
Read our Corporate Plan 2015-2017
Our People Strategy is linked to our Corporate Plan.
Read our People Strategy 2016-17
You may also like to read our previous Corporate Plan, which informed our work from 2012-2014, and People Strategy.
Corporate Plan 2012-2014
People Strategy 2012-14
We're managed by a Board of Governors and a Senate. The Board of Governors is responsible for the strategic direction of our University, and Senate is responsible for our academic standards. Members of our Board of Governors are also Trustees of Anglia Ruskin.
Our Vice Chancellor is Professor Iain Martin. Iain joined Anglia Ruskin in March 2016 and is responsible for the day-to-day leadership, and advising the Board on the strategic direction, of our University.
He is supported by our Vice Chancellor’s Group:
We’re a higher education corporation and a registered charity, and we publish our annual report and accounts every year. We’re committed to sustainability; to supporting access to university for students who may not have otherwise considered it, or been able to afford it; and to boosting young people’s skills and employability as part of the EU’s Erasmus+ Programme. You can read more about these commitments – and others – on our Policies, procedures and regulations page.